I want to start out with a big "Hi" and I have missed staying in contact! I have recently been struggling with my health and thus put my blogging and social media posting on the back burner while I took priority of getting well again. I just ask you keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I return my body to health.
Now, on to this week's blog, Rompin' Around!
Summer has finally arrived in our area, can I get a whoop whoop? Who else feels like the summer took forever to arrive? We spent the 4th of July at my in-law’s house in Ellensburg, and let me just say I regretted not bringing a jacket! It was only about 67 degrees and windy, although that is per usual for Ellensburg! Thankfully the heat is here, even though summer is winding down for the year. I cannot believe students go back to school next week!
With this week being fair week, I wanted to share my favorite summer staple, rompers! Rompers have been big the last two summers, and there is no wonder why! Whether hitting up a local spot for lunch, enjoying rides at the fair, or a dockside happy hour, a romper will take you there. They easily accommodate a swim suit underneath, and look chic no matter if paired with flats or heels. What’s more is they have the effortless appeal of a dress (one less thing to match!), but the versatility of shorts. Rompers were practically made for going from brunch to date night.
The romper trend seems to be going strong throughout the rest of the year, so if you haven’t tried it yet, it is time to get on board! When shopping for a romper, here are some things to keep in mind:
· Look for something that can be cinched or tied at the waist, it will keep you from looking too boxy.
· Definitely do the bend, sit, stand test in the dressing room. Nothing says a fashion DON'T quite like cheeks hanging out at the bottom!
· If you are petite, try adding a heel or even just a small wedge to keep your leg line from being cut off.
· If you are tall, check out the tall sections of stores, even LOFT has a tall section! One of my besties finally found a romper at Maurice's that is long enough for her 5’11 frame.
· If doing a printed romper, keep the accessories and the rest of the outfit streamlined and simple.
· Try something unexpected, like pairing a romper with clean sneakers or chuck taylors. Not only will your feet thank you, but you’ll be adding in the sporty chic trend. Double duty!
For this particular romper, I wanted to incorporate a bit of boho: Tassle necklace, fringed jewelry, and lace up suede chunky heels did the trick, all paired with a suede fringed tote by Linea Pelle. This particular bag is such a different choice for me, the unstructured slouchy shape took some getting used to. However, this bag still fits all my essentials, including my coral tinted lip gloss, Dynasty at Dusk by MAC.
Check out all the pics and the outfit details below:
Romper, by NBD available at Revolve Clothing (and hey you can get it on sale now, lucky you!).
Bracelets, brand unknown, similar here
Lace up heels by Hinge called the Drea, available at Nordstrom
Linea Pelle Stevie bag, here
Tassle/fringed necklace, similar here
Aviator sunnies, similar here